|6 Months||3.10 %|
|1 Year||2.99 %|
|2 Years||3.24 %|
|3 Years||3.09 %|
|4 Years||3.34 %|
|5 Years||3.24 %|
|7 Years||3.34 %|
|10 Years||3.79 %|
|Current Prime||3.70 %|
|5 Year Variable||2.65 %|
I like to open doors… not build walls. If you’re self-employed, you may have already experienced “the wall”. There are new mortgage rules that have made it more difficult to qualify for a mortgage at the major banks. I can help; with professional advice that includes the following five important tips, there is a way around that mortgage wall:
- Use tax returns, notices of assessment and financial statements to demonstrate your earnings.
- Document your assets, liabilities, and expenses. Your lender wants to understand your business. A professional on-line presence helps.
- Have a good credit rating.
- The bigger the downpayment, the better!
- You’re a pro. So use a pro. After all, this is my business, and I take it seriously. Self-employed borrowers are actually one of my specialties: I have access to lenders that specialize in self-employed mortgages, and can anticipate the challenges you might face.
No walls in the way here; in fact, I’ll hold the door open for you!
Starting Smart: Savvy first-time home buyers are going to brokers
You’ve got to hand it to this younger generation. They’re internet-savvy, they do their homework, they ask questions, they look for choices… and they’re not inclined to let anyone “own” them or their business. According to the 2014 Mortgage Consumer Study conducted by the Canadian Mortgage & Housing Corporation (CMHC), more Canadians are working with mortgage brokers than ever before. But first-time homebuyers top the charts: 48% of first-time mortgages now originate with a broker.
Why are they choosing the professional mortgage route? You could start with choice, price, information, and education. I provide solutions from a huge range of mortgage options from a broad spectrum of lenders, including most of the major banks! Not a first-time buyer? No problem. It’s never too late to “start smart” on your financial future!
HOPE spreads its wings this holiday season
On Tuesday, December 9th, our “Angels in the Night” will be spreading their wings across the country as hundreds of volunteers from Invis, Mortgage Intelligence and our industry partners take to city streets across Canada to donate warming kits – including new winter clothing and supplies – to those in need in their own communities.
This special evening marks the end of the year-round fundraising campaign by Invis and Mortgage Intelligence. Over the past several months, volunteers have reached out to homeless shelters in their communities to find out what supplies are most required. Those items will be personally delivered on December 9. For more information, visit www.angelsinthenight.ca